Selasa, 08 Januari 2013


B. Question Word
Kalimat tanya dengan menggunakan Question Word(5 W + 1 H):
1. What
2. Where
3. When
4. Why
5. Who
6. How

What digunakan untuk menanyakan objek dan subjek benda(apakah)
Contoh :
- What do you study? I study Englsih
- What eats grass? A buffalo eats grass

Where digunakan untuk menanyakan tempat(dimana)
Contoh :
- Where do you live? I live in Batang
- Where are you from? I am from Siberuk Tulis

When digunakan untuk menanyakan waktu(kapan)
Contoh :
- When does she go to Pekalongan? She goes to Pekalongan on Mondays
- When will you meet me? I will meet you at seven

Why digunakan untuk menanyakan alasan/sebab(mengapa/kenapa)
Contoh :
- Why did he come late? He came late because he got a traffic jam.
- Why are you sad? I am sad because my grandma is sick.

Who digunakan untuk menanyakan subjek (siapa)
Contoh :
- Who is sleeping? Anita is sleeping/Anita
- Who reads a book everyday? Munip reads a book everyday/Munip does

How digunakan untuk menanyakan cara, keadaan, kualitas,kuantitas, harga dan lain-lain
Contoh :
- How do you go to school? I go to school on foot.
- How are you today? I am fine
- How old are you? I am twenty seven years old
- How long is Pekalongan from Batang? It is 2 kilometers away
- how much is one kilogram of apple? It is eighteen thousand rupiahs.

10 Contoh kalimat gerund

Pengertian Gerund
Gerund adalah bentuk kata kerja -ing  ketika digunakan sebagai kata benda .

 


1. Aldi will stop selling the book.
Aldi will stop to sell the book.

2. Bagus will continue studying in the UK.
Bagus will continue to study in the UK.

3. She starts learning English.
She starts to learn English.

4. I regret selling my old house.
I regret to sell my old house

5. She tried opening the box.
She tried to open the box

6. I advise going home.
I advise her to go home.

7. I can't stand living in a crowded area.
I can't stand to live in a croded area.

8. I hate waiting for someone who always late.
I hate to wait for someone who always late.

9. I like listening to the radio.
I like to listen to the radio.

10. I like reading a book in the park.
I like to read a book in the park.

For example:
  • I will never quit smoking.
  • We postponed making any decision.
  • After two years of analyzing, we finally made a decision.
  • We heard whispering.
  • They denied having avoided me.
  • He talked me into coming to the party.
  • They frightened her out of voicing her opinion.



“TOO” AND “ENOUGH”
Bab ini akan membahas “Too” dan “Enough” sebagai kata keterangan (adverb) yang mana digunakn bersama kata sifat (adjective) + To-Infinitive. “Too” yang berarti “jumlah yang berlebihan”, “posisi yang tinggi” atau “ menembus batas”  yang mana Too mempunya konotasi negative dan yang terpenting mempunyai posisi sebelum kata sifat (adjective) dalam kalimat.
Sedangkan “Enough” yang mempunyai arti “cukup” berbeda dengan “Too” yang mana mempunyai konotasi yang positif dan mempunyai posis setelah kata sifat (adjective) dalam kalimat.



Too and Enough are used with adjectives and indicate degree. Too means more than necessary, and it precedes the adjective. Enough means sufficient and usually follows the adjective.
He is too old to ride the Merry-Go-Round.
She has too much money.
Tony was tall enough to play on the basketball team.
They were smart enough to pass the test.

(NOT: enough tall)
(NOT: enough smart)
Enough can also be used with nouns. In such cases, enough usually precedes the word it modifies.
I have enough money for the CD player.
I don't have enough (money) for the computer.
There aren't enough people to make a team.
In some cases, enough can stand alone.
I have had enough of this nonsense.
Enough is enough!

Tidak ada komentar: